Tuesday, October 16, 2012

iPads

The iPads are here!!!  They arrived last Friday and we've been using them non-stop!
Connor and Addisen





Tommy and Hannah during social studies yesterday.









Bucket Filler!






Mikayla was named the Bucket Filler of the week, last week.    Mikayla is such a nice friend and is very reliable.  I can always count on her to help another friend in our class.  She is very polite and has great manners. :)  Way to go, Mikayla!










Great Citizens of 2nd Grade



We have some pretty awesome kids in our class.  I told the kids about an old friend of mine that is collecting items to donate to the Children's Hospital in Iowa City.  Her son passed away when he was two from a brain tumor and every year for his birthday she tries to do something in honor of him.  I told the kids that it is their choice if they want to contribute and they were all so willing to help!  All of the students made cards today to give to other children their age.  They are also working on making two blankets to donate, too.  If you have items on the U of I Children's Hospital wish list that you would like to donate, please send them to school by Friday as I will be giving them to her this weekend.

Things I heard the students say: 

"We are filling other people's buckets and we don't even know them!"
"I hope this makes another kid smile."


U of I Approved Donation List Items:
http://www.uichildrens.org/childrens-content.aspx?id=226280
http://www.uihealthcare.org/otherservices.aspx?id=225476

No comments:

Post a Comment